Terms and Conditions
Terms & Conditions
As a Day Care and Boarding service for dogs, we ask you as the client to adhere to the following conditions:
1. Springfield Dog Care (DC) reserves the right to make or change minor points or amendments in this agreement without notice to you, and to notify you by posting an updated version of these Terms on the website (www.springfielddogcare.co.uk) at which point they will become immediately effective.
2. I understand that, under the Control of Dogs Act 1992, my dog(s) must wear a collar and an identity tag and must be microchipped.
3. I understand that my dog must have up-to-date vaccines and that vaccination certificates or titre testing must be provided to Springfield DC and any updates and/or changes on the vaccination certificates should be notified to the Centre Manager as soon as possible.
4. I agree to worm and de-flea my dog(s) regularly as per recommended schedules.
5. I understand that my female dog, must not attend day care if she is on heat. Male dogs over about 12 months who are not neutered will be considered on a case by case basis but will not be suitable for day care if they exhibit any inappropriate behaviours such as aggression or habitual territory marking. Please read our “Neutering Policy” document for full details which can be found on FAQ section of the website or is available in hard copy on request.
6. I understand that my dog will be in an open play area and off the lead in suitable areas. I understand that during normal dog play and agility, dogs may sustain slight injuries. All dog play is monitored at Springfield DC to avoid injury, but scratches, punctures, torn ligaments and other injuries may occur despite the best supervision.
7. I understand that even if my dog is vaccinated against Bordetella (Kennel Cough) there is a chance that my dog can still contract Kennel Cough. I agree that I will not hold Springfield Dog Care Ltd responsible if my dog contracts Kennel Cough while attending Springfield DC and I will comply with the prevention of cross-infection policy.
8. I agree to notify Springfield DC of any infectious or contagious disease that my dog has been exposed to or is affected by and agree to the Springfeld Dog Care Cancellation Policy and Prevention of Cross Infection Policy and these policies have been issued in writing to me.
9. I agree to notify Springfield DC of any changes regarding my personal contact details.
10. I agree to notify Springfield DC of any changes regarding my dog’s behaviour, training needs, health issues and/or any other relevant details that might affect my dog under the care of Springfield DC.
11. I understand and agree that my dog(s) will be re-assessed for Day Care at the current Day Care re-assessment fee if he/she has not used these services for 12 months since their last stay with us.
12. I understand that I am responsible for any harm caused by my dog at Springfield DC whether to dogs or other patrons or staff. I shall indemnify and hold Springfield DC harmless against any claims made against Springfield DC or losses or damages of any kind suffered as a result of my dog. I understand and agree that in admitting my dog to Springfield DC, that the staff has relied on my representation that my dog is in good health and has not harmed or shown aggressive or threatening behaviour towards any person or any other dog. I understand and acknowledge that Springfield DC Strongly recommends for my dog(s) to be covered by Third Party Liability Pet insurance and general Pet Insurance; such insurance(s) will be required should my dog(s) a) requires life threatening emergency veterinary care with your permission via our approved Vet, b) injures another person, c) injures another dog or, c) damages property while at Springfield DC. I also understand and agree that if my dog(s) are not covered by Third Party Liability Pet insurance and general Pet Insurance, I will be responsible for covering the expenses specified above and any additional expenses arising from damages caused by my dog to other persons, other dogs and property while at Springfield DC.
13. If my dog requires medical care I understand that Springfield will first contact my usual vet but agree that they may contact their own vet if mine is not available and in either case I shall be responsible for the costs.
14. To ensure my dog’s wellbeing, I agree to him/her going into the quiet area for rest periods when necessary.
15. Although we make every effort to provide dogs with enclosed, safe spaces, we cannot guarantee a dog will not escape from our premises. The fencing installed at our centres is at a minimum height of 6 feet. If your dog tends to jump fences, you assume all risks of bringing him/her to our premises and release Springfield DC, its owners, employees or agents of any liability or any damage whatsoever arising from the fencing provided at our centres.
15. Springfield DC reserves the right to withdraw any current promotions, deals, offers or discounts at any time.
16. By becoming an Springfield Day Care user you agree and give Springfield DC consent to store yours and your
dog(s) personal details provided to us by you via the Day Care registration form. Springfield DC will never pass on or sell your personal information. Your membership information is stored in a secure database and we use this data for you and your dog(s) to gain access to our centre and to administer your membership account. At Springfield DC we take your privacy seriously and will only use your personal information to:
- Administer your membership account.
- Provide you with the services you have requested from us.
- Ensure you gain access to our facility.
- Ensure all dogs in our centre enjoy a safe stay.
17. Consent: I the undersigned parent/ dog owner or guardian/participant do hereby grant authority to the staff at Springfield Dog Care Limited to render a judgement concerning veterinary care in the event of an accident or illness during my absence. I do hereby authorise Springfield Dog Care and its assigns to utilise any and all photographs, pictures or other likenesses of me or anyone/dog assigned guardianship to me, as they deem appropriate in its promotional materials , social media or team films.
DAY CARE 3-STRIKE POLICY
At Springfield DC, we pride ourselves in providing a safe, stable and caring environment that looks after the wellbeing of every dog in our care and our team. Additionally, we need to ensure dog owners are aware that, a as professional organisation, we have a set of policies in place that ensure not only the well-being of dogs, but also our team and our business in general. With this in mind, from July 2019 we will be implementing a 3-Strike Policy for Dog Day Care.
The 3-Strike Policy for Dog Day Care is designed to spot, identify and adjust unwanted behaviours and patterns in dog owners that do not follow the:
- Day Care Terms and Conditions.
- Day Care Prevention of Cross-infection Policy.
- Day Care Feeding Policy.
- Day Care Cancellation Policy.
Additionally, we want to remind dog owners that, in order to continue upholding our excellent safety record we will continue to monitor and record any issues, and behaviour patterns for all the dogs in our care. The objective of this policy is to make our Dog Day Care a safe, comfortable and happy place for ALL dogs and ALL staff.
What warrants a strike?
- Serious aggression from a dog toward other dogs/people.
- Dogs that bully and/or harass other dogs on a continuous basis.
- Dogs that present excessive and out of control barking.
- Disruptive and out of control dogs that do not listen to staff instructions.
- Dog owners that fail to follow our team feedback/instructions.
- Dogs with issues over resources (possessiveness over toys/treats/people).
- Dog owners that do not follow our Day Care Terms and Conditions.
- Dog owners that do not follow our Day Care Prevention of Cross-infection Policy.
- Dog owners that do not follow our Day Care Feeding Policy.
- Dog owners that do not follow our Day Care Cancellation Policy.
If you or your dog present a behaviour that warrants a strike, you will be verbally informed by our staff (this will also be recorded in writing) and given sufficient time to amend any issues.
If you or your dog keep presenting any of the issues that might warrant a strike, you will verbally be informed and said strike will be recorded in our electronic database system as well as in writing.
Should our team deem it necessary, a consultation with a qualified dog trainer and/or behaviourist can be arranged if you request it.
Thank you for your understanding and for helping us to make our Dog Day Care a safe and happy place for all dogs!